Membership required for

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed May 22 14:08:39 PDT 1996

Larkin asks,

>My seneschal has informed me that a person must be a paid member of the
>society in order to receive an Award of Arms.  Is this correct?

There are kingdoms in the SCA where an individual must be a paid member
of SCA Inc. in order to receive an award. As far as I know, Ansteorra
is not one of them.

I do however, feel that becoming a paid member does give needed support
to the national organisation and should be considered by each individual. I
recommend that newcomers play with us for several months before they send
in money to make sure the SCA is for them. I do emphasize that the SCA is
not after their money.

As Stefan steps down from his soapbox.

Stefan li Rous

PS: Hmm, what's the medieval equivalent for a soap box? I'm pretty sure
that used in that way it is an 18th century or later term.