Recognizing Skill and Good Works

Mike Baker mbaker at rapp.com
Fri Nov 1 09:32:00 PST 1996

arrrrghhhh! Brain-fart, folks, and one I'm grateful that no one else seems
to have questioned.

In speaking of members of the Order of the Oak of the Steppes, I sent the
following with a critical phrase missing:

> Those who hold the Oak of the Steppes typically have many years of
continuing service
> to the Barony (and usually to the Kingdom as well: I can't honestly think
of
> an active participant with an Oak ).

revised text:
     ... (and usually to the Kingdom as well: I can't honestly think of an
active participant with
     an Oak who does not also have a Sable Crane, Star of Merit, or other
advanced recognition such
     as an Iris).

Sorry about the flub, folks.

Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
     currently residing in Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mike C. Baker                      mbaker at rapp.com
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!