A&S judging

Vicki Marsh zarazena at io.com
Fri Nov 1 10:36:28 PST 1996

Greetings from Zara Zina,

>>Diarmuit wrote:
>My Dremel doesn't go that slow :)

There are variable speed dremels with foot pedals/rheostats that are
available from jewelry supply stores.  I used one when I was an apprentice
diamond-setter at Rosenthal jewelry.  They are quite nice, but expensive.
You might be able to find a used one, though.

Also, have you tried using any kind of cooling agent when drilling?  We used
to keep little cups of oil of wintergreen-soaked cotton to dip the drill
bits into to prevent burning out the bits.

Sigh... I sure wish I had all that wonderful equipment now.  Especially, the
variable speed buffers and polishers.

Zara Zina