? Legalities of Homebrewing

Hugh Niewoehner hughn at ssd.fsi.com
Wed Nov 6 04:42:42 PST 1996

Hi Pug, et al.
>  Oklahoma state statute Title 37 section 505 provides that nothing shall
>  prevent the making of cider, or of wine, not to exceed 200 gallons in
>  any one year pursuant to a license first obtained from the Alcoholic
>  Beverage Laws Enforcement (ABLE) Commission, by simple fermentation
>  and without distillation, if made solely for the use of the maker,
>  his family and guests.

About eight years ago I called the ABLE offices and inquired about obtaining
the requiste liscense to produce wine.  I was was told that "Yes, the
liscense exists, but, the process and forms to apply for one doesn't."  It
seems the state legislature retained the authority to approve such things
but never got around to doing it and probably never would.  This was
followed by the advise to "go ahead and have fun, enjoy".  As long as no
distillation or sales was involved I would never have a problem.

Later,
        Damon