? Legalities of Homebrewing

Paul Greene Finnian at flash.net
Wed Nov 6 08:30:59 PST 1996

At 09:23 AM 11/5/96 -0600, you wrote:
><"Pug Bainter" <pug at interval.net>>
>>Actually I am going to do that. In addition, I'm going to call about
>>some of the points that directly affect me, and not the SCA as a whole.
>>Those being, can I give it away and can I make mead legally.
>
>I'm not a legal expert, and will definately NOT offer an opinion on this
>topic other than to suggest that whatever you find out, the rules are likely
>to be FAR different north of the Red.  (My suspicion is, in fact, that
>as bizarrely repressive as Texas laws are going to be Oklahoma will have
>found some way to be more bizarre and more repressive -- particularly
>with regards to the Great Demon (there is no pride in my reporting this
>fact, just cynical expectation).
>
>Diarmuit/Marc

In all actuality, it is the FEDERAL government that has given us the right
to make our own alcoholic beverages.  I do believe a law was passed in
1976-1977 stating that an adult may make up to 40 gallons of wine or 80
gallons of beer per year without license or permit.  Provided that the drink
is not sold or given to minors.

Finn
In service,                       | Argent, a triskelion of human legs gules,
Lord Finnian Tulloch MacLeod      | a gore sinister purpure
M.K.A      finnian at flash.net      |
Paul Greene                       | A squire swears fealty to his knight.  A
Barony of Elfsea                  | knight swears fealty to The Crown.  Upon
Kingdom of Ansteorra              | the basis of this relationship rests the