program for music

jamnor jamnor at pop3.wt.net
Thu Nov 7 20:59:03 PST 1996

At 06:12 PM 11/7/96 -0600, you wrote:

>On Thu, 7 Nov 1996, Carey McClure wrote:
>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> 			I am looking, still for a IBM compatible
>> program that I can enter the notes and watch/hear them as they
>> play..... price is nominal..
>

>   I have seen a beaut of a program called Finale, but as I had no money
>at the time, I didn't price it.  Richard has seen one called Band in a
>BOx, but knows nothing of its features.
>
>I would find your local music school and ask the theory/composition
>teachers.
>
>Kateryn

About music programs, what I know, or don't

I have finale that I got at a student price at the school bookstore.
It was around $250.00. God knows what it costs on the open market.
It is very powerful and is used by many professional musicians and
publishers. It takes time and effort to learn to use, but its worth it.
..There is an inexpensive program (usually available in
the software warehouses the sell budget of half price software. It is
called Dr. T's Music Software, and subtitled as Quickscore deluxe for
Microsoft Windows 3.1. It was under $20.00 and very, very easy to use.
Customer Service for Dr T's is 617-455-1454. If you can't find it
locally they would probably give you a list of merchants.
     Cakewalk and Band in A Box are easily available and pretty user
friendly. They cost more that Dr.T's and less than Finale.
     There is also one called Encore about which I know nothing about.
That's it for now.

Good luck finding what you want.
Talitha
Stargate