ivroy substitutes

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Nov 13 07:39:17 PST 1996

Saffiya asks:

>Where did you find the ivory substitite?  All these neat descritions have
>stated to make my hands itch.

You might want to check this file in my SCA Rialto Files:

ivory-msg         (36K)  9/23/96    Ivory carving. ivory substitutes.

It describes various substitutes as well as the regulations on using real
ivory. Depending upon what you want to do various substitutes may work
better than others. I also have a small book on medieval ivory carving that
I could dig out if anyone wants the bibliographical info.

Ld. Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
markh at risc.sps.mot.com