dyeing information

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Wed Nov 13 14:31:06 PST 1996

I tried to send this message to Lady Deirdre by email but it bounced.
So I'm resending it this way.  I appologize to anyone who thinks this
is a waste of bandwidth.

Stefan

-------------
Greetings unto Lady Deirdre,

I suspect that Sir Lyonel has given you most of the details if you are
going to use modern syntheric dyes.

You might also want to look at one of the files in my SCA Rialto Files,
although I think most of the information in there is on using period
dyes and techniques. But there may be some hints that are applicable to
what you are doing. (Sir Lyonel had a very good comment about dye
collecting in the seams which hadn't occurred to me.)

Anyway the file is:
dyeing-msg       (144K) 10/29/96    Dyeing techniques and discussion.

And these files are available by email from me in either text or Word
format or at this site:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Good luck!

Stefan li Rous