More info from the H-Costume List

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Fri Nov 15 09:28:11 PST 1996

Here's another interesting bit of stuff from the Historical Costuming List.
As usual, note that I am not the original poster, so any comments/replies
should go to the address below:
===============================

Date:    Thu, 14 Nov 1996 12:59:43 -0500
From:    Mary Smith <MDSDMB at AOL.COM>
Subject: Re: Costume & Dressmaker

Hi List,

I am the publisher of COSTUME & DRESSMAKER, The Magazine For Serious
Costumers.

Issue 1 has been published, and mailed. There are more copies available.
Issue 2 is about to go to press, with Issue 3 very shortly thereafter. Issue
4 is due out around Feb 1, which will put me back on schedule. I am eagerly
looking for advertisers, both classified and display.

The magazine is about any kind of costuming, historic
reproduction/SF/Fantasy/stage/film. There are regular columns on book &
product reviews, costuming in cyberspace, a comprehensive calendar of costume
related events and advertisers of products of interest to costumers.

I am learning the business as I go along, so each issue will be bigger and
better than the previous one. I currently do B/W, but plan to go color with
the April issue.

Subscriptions are $18 for six issues (bimonthly), cash/check/MO. Subscribers
outside the US and Canada, please contact me. Anyone who refers a business
that becomes an advertiser gets a free subscription. Anyone who sends in six
subscriptions plus their own, gets theirs for free. All subscriptions begin
with Issue 1 until I run out.

If you are interested in writing an article, or have a request for a specific
type of article, drop me a note.

Thanks for the inquiries!

Cordially,
Mary Denise Smith