Names of Swords

Scott White swhite at onr.com
Tue Nov 19 08:18:50 PST 1996

>I'm collecting a list of famous Medieval swordsmen and the names they
>have given their swords - you know, Arthur = Excaliber, Sigurd = Gram.
>
>Does anyone have any others that they can add to the list?

Well, I've been thinking about naming my new war spear after my recent
ex-girlfriend. I'd name it:

        "Gawl-dang malcontent ain't never satisfied with nothin' no matter
how hard I try beefin' and moanin' and complainin' about everything under
the sun even though I give you flowers every week and go out of my way to
try to make you feel beautiful and intelligent and desirable and vital still
complainin' and getting jealous of my Fern Gully poster and waking up in the
middle of the night and yelling at me because you had a dream in which I
looked at another girl my heart bleeds for you my heart bleeds for you my
heart bleeds for you ow-aaaaauuuuuugggghhhh!!!!"

because that's the only name short enough to write on the nine-foot shaft.

Gnith
<swhite at onr.com>