Costuming question

Mark Harris mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com
Tue Nov 19 11:37:42 PST 1996

Jourdain asks:

>I am looking for patterns (McCalls, Simplicity, etc) from which to make my
>garb out of.  If any of you have found a commercial pattern that you have
>used, I would be very grateful if you would send me the name of the
>company and the number.

There have been numerous modern patterns mentioned and critiqued on the
Rialto over the past six years. Some can, with changes, make adequate
medieval garb. Also there are patterns for medieval clothing available.

Take a look at these files in the CLOTHING section of my SCA Rialto Files:

clothing-books-msg (59K) 5/23/96    Book reviews, bibliographies and pattern
                                      sources.
patterns-msg      (45K)  8/29/96    Sources for clothing patterns. Altering
                                       mundane patterns.

For cloaks, some mundane patterns are mentioned in:
cloaks-msg        (36K) 11/11/96    Cloaks, cloak pins and clasps.

Any of these files or my complete filelist are available from me by email
in either text or Word format. They are also available at:
http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
Barony of Bryn Gwlad
markh at risc.sps.mot.com