Why I Hate Fencing

Rik Packham/Angus mac Taggart aquinas at eden.com
Wed Nov 20 14:19:49 PST 1996

Which makes me think: is there not people of the Rapier Fighting style out
there that _have_ some great skill in their art (rapier fighting) and have
made a sizable impact on the people around them?

I favor "chivalric" fighting, but rapier fighting is prized by many of my
friends. I understand that the only way to become King/Queen (get 'em
Rowan) is to win at Crown Tourney, so that is obviously giving an
indication of a mild bias on the Crowns' way of thought. But should we give
serious consideration to the formation of a new peerage? Should the
position of Don be elevated to being a peer? If so, should all Dons (and
forgive me, but I know not the feminine (boy am I going to catch it for
that one) form of Don), be elevated to peer status, or should they be
re-avaluated(sp?) for the position of peer? If they are re-avaluated for
peer status, should a new (and unused) title be coined? Should the Queen
begin petitioning the peerage for the formation of this new status? Or
should I shut up and run and hide the Highland way?

Angus "The Curious" mac Taggart