Changing the Subject/Off Topic Posts

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Thu Nov 21 09:50:31 PST 1996

Heilsa, All.

        I'd like to ask (beg, plead) that when a subject changes so that the
Subject line of the post no longer adequately describes what you're
discussing, that those who reply on the new subject take a moment to CHANGE
the subject line, so that hapless readres don't click on something like "New
Names for Heavy Weapons Fighters" and find themselves confronted with a
discussion on maritime warfare of the Civil War era instead of a medieval or
SCA topic.

        Similarly, when a post has degenerated into a pun war, would you
inveterate punsters please take a moment and come up with some mind-boggling
punning title more appropriate to the new theme?

        I'm having to be rather more selective in reading my mail (having
carpal tunnel surgery tomorrow morning) and I'd like to be able to say, "Oh,
yeah... that's the new discussion on puns related to X, so I can save those
for later without reading them now,"  or "Arrgghhh!!! There's that damn
aggravating topic that I'm sick of!  Nuke it! Delete it unread!"

Many thanks to all in advance!

Wassail,
::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva