Trimiris Injury

Galen of Bristol pmitchel at flash.net
Thu Nov 21 16:54:21 PST 1996

James Crouchet wrote:

<snip> (BTW, Savien, your post didn't agree with what Tivar told me.)

> I think if we can acknowledge that:
> What we do is not 100% safe.
> Fighters must accept some risk to go on the field.
> We must continue to take reasonable steps to be safe.
> Even if we lost someone tomorrow, we still have a great safety record.
> Bad things will happen to good people and we can't fix that.
> AND
> Some things in life are worth a little risk.
>
> Then we will be ok.
>
> Don Savein - Ansteorra

I agree with this.  If I should die in any form of SCA combat, please
don't let anyone try to ban it.  I have acknowledged the risks for
over half my life, and I accept them.

But I am not so sure that we will _ever_ have a combat fatality.

- Galen

--
Viscount Galen of Bristol, KSCA, CSM, etc. (now upgraded with ASTA!)
Paul Mitchell, pmitchel at flash.net / "noblesse oblige"