Did anyone go to the Northkeep Investiture?

Matthew R. Popalisky mpopali at comp.uark.edu
Mon Nov 25 17:19:04 PST 1996

On Mon, 25 Nov 1996, I. Marc Carlson wrote:

> <ariana-s_zoo at juno.com (Stacy A Blevins)>
> >We in Bonwicke are waiting on pins and needles did anyone go? Who will be
> >our new Baron & Baroness? Please write soon!!!
>
> I'm terribly sorry.  I was sitting up near the front (right in front of
> your current Baron and Baroness, in fact), but was distracted when the
> anouncement was made.

Add me to it.  A small threw up on our cloak and we were rather
distracted...

> As were a host of other awards (almost all of which were well received and
> totally deserved).

Including the mass Last Comet, including the Baron of Eldern Hills and
Master Tagan the Talesmythe in the multitude that recieved that night

Also, Diarmuit failed to mention his AoA.  Vivat!  Also, his Lady's foster
mother turned over all of Talana's wealth to him.  Talana was heard to
mutter something about "Talking about this later..."

Also, the Baroness was presented with a beautiful short sword (though I
guess you Southerners would call it a knife) with a hand-carved handle.
SOmething to help her whilst her lord goes "a-Viking", the presenter said.
As the Baron looked rather longingly at it, Mistress Rosalyn Stood and
reminded his Excellency "It was presented to the HER Excellency".

Kevin and Keegan's son, called "Big Nose" also had a good byplay when he
was called up for his Rising Star, but it must be shown.  That househole
always has some levaning for us.  Bless them.

The "tax" looked like SCA Christmas morning.  Any other new Baronies are
going to have a LOT (literaly and figuratively) to live up to.

Oh yes, before I forget...

The service order is the Companions of the Kenmare.  The badge will be a
tomato proper with a green 10 point star for the leaf (I think).  Not a
dry eye in the house.

Kateryn Got-Home-in-One-Piece-No-Thanks-to-Thor Heathrydge
Grimfells