Did anyone go to the No

Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov
Tue Nov 26 11:45:02 PST 1996

<"Matthew R. Popalisky" <mpopali at comp.uark.edu>>
>Also, Diarmuit failed to mention his AoA.  Vivat!  Also, his Lady's foster
>mother turned over all of Talana's wealth to him.  Talana was heard to
>mutter something about "Talking about this later..."

Diarmuit then declared:
>Thank you, but please don't mention it, I'm still pissed off about that.

>(as I said *most* of the awards were deserved)

Diarmuit,

I was a bit shocked when I saw this announcement, too. Not because you
got it, but because I thought you must've gotten it long ago.  Unfortunately,
I have not had the opportunity to meet you in person, but from what I've
seen here and on the Rialto, you well deserve more than this. You have
done great service to the Laurel Kingdoms with your messages and Web page
by making it easier for folks to participate in our game in a more authentic
way.

Just because you enjoy doing the research doesn't mean that it doesn't help
those of us who don't or cannot do it. And while the goal may be perfection,
that doesn't mean anything less is not deserving of praise.

Stefan li Rous

PS: Anyone thinking of making or buying medieval shoes should take a look
at Diarmuit's Web page on making medieval shoes first.

Hello Everyone!

          I believe some clarification is in order here.  First,
          Diarmut, please correct me if I'm wrong, but here is what I
          understand the situation to be.

          Diarmut's persona is not what he believes is a "Lord".  This
          is not a matter of whether or not it fits in with the "SCA"
          concept of an AoA, or even whether or not it's deserved by
          our standards.  I believe he is saying that in his time, a
          Lord or Lady meant something very different than the way we,
          in SCA speak,

          use it.  He has tried to be as fitting for his chosen period
          persona as possible and it seems that to give him an AoA
          makes playing that persona more difficult.

          Just trying to help.

          Rhiain