Recognizing Skill and Good Works

Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov
Mon Nov 4 10:00:56 PST 1996

On Sat, 2 Nov 1996, Galen of Bristol <pmitchel at flash.net> wrote:
> Matthew R. Popalisky wrote:
> > I don't get out much, so please pardon this question, but do Marches of
> > Precedence really happen?  When is this likely to occur?
>
> Actually, I have been asked to begin preparing for one at the upcoming
> Dragonsfire Tor Yule Revel.  It will be the first I've seen in years.

Odd synchronicity.  Bjornsborg 20th Year had one today; the baron
claimed it was the first one for the general populace for a decade.
(The MoP was the reason I went, in fact; Callisto was gracious enough
to let me help and kibbitz.) I'll report more on what was done and how
well it went *after* I write to the SCA Heralds' mailing list to ask
how other kingdoms do it.  Not that this one wasn't interesting and
fun, but it's not what I had thought a priori a "march of precedence"
would be.

BB20th was really fun in other ways.  I missed Ragnarok, since I was
off cruising the (relatively few) merchants, but I'm told it was good.
Who was that woman dressed as -- "Elizabeth De<something>"?  Gunnora
was in it up to her eyestalks; doubtless she'll report.
(Ppppplease?)  Even for someone who had to have the history explained,
it was hilarious to watch the longer-term members' reactions.

--
Daniel de Lincoln
                             Tim McDaniel
    mcdaniel at mcdaniel.dallas.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.

Daniel,

          That was the one and only Jehanne D'Avengion (sp), dressed
          as the (as I'm told) unforgettable, Elizabeth Daresby, who
          disappeared from our Kingdom sometime back, by coincidence
          about the time the Chieftess Mari appeared!

          Rhiain