Fwd: INTERNET WARNING: virus or hoax

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Wed Nov 6 07:12:19 PST 1996

>>The latest hoax or a really bad virus?  PKZIP300.ZIP

Actually, this is one my virus killer at work recognizes and annhiliates, so
it must be a "real" virus, and there are at least some virus checkers that
will catch it.

I've always found it best to download software direct from the
manufacturer's own Website rather than rely on BBS copies, anyway, as you
generally get *the* most current version that way.  And you run a lower
chance of bugs.

BTW, at work we scan even *brand new* diskettes from *unopened* boxes for
viruses, regardless of manufacturer.  You would be amazed at how many brand
new diskettes are actually carrying viruses... the most common being Concept
virus.

Sad to say that there are people out there who have enough time and leisure
to sit around designing better and more destructive computer viruses.  I
think the fault lies with the book "Shockwave Rider" for forming the ideas
of a virus in the first place!!

May your equipment never fall ill from plague!
::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde