How we play in Ansteorra

Michael Mayer delamare at flash.net
Fri Nov 8 13:21:36 PST 1996

Having resided and played in 2 kingdoms, I too will agree things are
different, yet remain "relative" with regards to play, interaction,
groups and activities.  The kingdom in which I began my SCA play had
campgrounds with dormitory-style bunkbed arrangements.  Upon arrival at
the site and checking in at the troll booth you selected a cabin and
chose a bunk.  Yes, groups/friends tried to bunk in cabins with those
from their own group/friendship circle, etc., but there was always a
"mix" of folks.

Personally, IMHO, I have found play in Ansteorra VERY much to my liking
and the folks VERY warm and friendly.  I also found the same to be true
in my former kingdom.  The only difference I notice are in the Kingdom
Laws (naturally) and in customs and/or traditions of the respective
kingdoms.

Michael de la Mare