Fencing CancelledMeriedes

Lori Jones LJONES at bashful.ossm.edu
Fri Nov 8 13:48:53 PST 1996

> From TRM Meridies: (excerpt)
> However, due to the recent serious injury in a fencing accident, and the
> penetration of a mask in another accident, We feel that safety has moved to
> the forefront of the issue.  Safety dictates that We act now.  It is for
> these reasons that We end the experiment.

>> What happened?!?!
>> Kateryn

>>>I would really like to know!
>>>YRSA

I only know what little I've heard about a *very* serious incident in
one of the kingdoms (I can't even remember which) involving a broken
epee.  I don't think I could safely post anything about it on the net
because my source was *extremely* second-hand.  Suffice it to say
that if even part of the rumors are true, (either about the incident or
about how reporting it was handled,) it could have serious consequences
for fencing in other kingdoms besides Meridies.

I was kind-of expecting additional information about it to show up
here on it's own.  Outside of checking into other Kingdom nets, (surely
an incident of this magnitude would have sparked *some* kind of
discussion somewhere-?) my suggestion is contacting our Kingdom
Marshal or Kingdom Rapier Marshal to see if they know anything
"officially."  If they don't know by now, they'll probably be wanting
to find out.

- Kat

Baroness Katrionna MacLochlainn
Barony of Wiesenfeuer