You Know You're in the SCA...

Matthew R. Popalisky mpopali at comp.uark.edu
Mon Nov 11 21:10:52 PST 1996

On Mon, 11 Nov 1996 Homewrkr2 at aol.com wrote:

> >Did you ever notice how much "political correctness" resembles a complete
> >lack of a sense of humor?
> >        -Tivar Moondragon
>
> I'm beginning to wonder, I'm way new, can you help me figger this out??

There's a marvelous mundane song by Groucho Marx about a monkey who is
trying find the funniest song in all the world.  He makes fun of one sort
of animal, then is rebuffed by that animal.  He makes his way around the
kingdom until he finally writes something insulting about monkeys.  At
this point, the wise old monkey reminds him that it isn't funny if it
hurts someone.  When he can write a funny song that doesn't make funof
someone, then he will have the funniest song in the world.  Following this
advice, the monkey wrote a very silly song that didn't hurt anyone and was
one of the funniest songs in the world.

or:

If you cannot think of a polite way of saying something, don't say it.

Kateryn no-religion-no-politics(not) from Grimfells