Rognvaldr, Bjornsborg, and Farts

Heidi J Torres hjt at tenet.edu
Fri Nov 15 23:10:28 PST 1996

Greetings all from a still very worn-out Mari, who will be brief in
offering a few corrections regarding the "dramatis personae" in Gunnora's
posting....

On Fri, 15 Nov 1996, Gunnora Hallakarva wrote:

> and foremost a Bjornsborger.  Why would that make a toilet reference
> appropriate and not mean?  Well, as an illustrative story, not too long ago
> one of the Bjornsborg tribe (Ivar, I think) went all alone to an event in
> Bryn Gwlad.  When he returned, he is said to have marvelled, "You know, it
> was really weird!  We were there the whole weekend and NOBODY ever talked
> about farts!  Not even once!"

T'weren't Ivar.  T'was Moonbear, who, of course, did not excitedly blurt
out this gem as Ivar might have, but who saved it for an appropriate
pause in the conversation and offered it up like a jewel of wisdom, in
his usual cool, slightly detached manner.

>         In fact, if you want a song about Rognvaldr that is even less (more)
> respectful concerning bathroom comments than my previous post, you have to
> ask Briony Blaaslagen to sing *her* song about Rognvaldr!!  I can't even
> begin to remember enough of it to post, but no doubt someone else will.

Let's give credit where credit is due.  It's actually Ragnar's song.
Briony, and eventually several other people, simply added verses along the
way.  Speaking of which, I adore this new song about Rognvaldr.  It is far
more elaborate, studied and "high brow" than Ragnar's.  It's especially
amusing when you get the "chorus" of Damaris and Jonathon ap Morgan doing
the background vocals.  And, of course, it takes two weeks or so to get
the damned song out of your head.  Rotten, catchy tune.....  Still, for
sheer, unadulterated, in-your-face, drop to the ground as if shot and
laugh your fool ass off, it's hard to beat "When the mood hits your ass,
like a big ball of gas, THAT'S ROGNVAAAALLLDDRRRR (rognvaldr,
rognvaldr)/When he flies through the room like a busted balloon, THAT'S
ROGNVAAAALLDDRRR (rognvaldr, rognvaldr).  Don't you know when that
GLORIOUS feeling comes o'er him......."

There's more, but I really don't think I can go on.  The above is to the
tune of "That's Amore" if you hadn't guessed already.

And somebody thought *your* song was mean, Gunnora?  Sing "That's
Rognvaldr" to yourself for a couple of years and then try to get through
a meal in an Italian restaurant that plays "traditional" music.  Snorting
Chianti up your nose unexpectedly can really take the pleasure out of a
dining experience......

Just realized I'm rambling.  Time for all good Maris to be in bed
asleep.

Rambling off now,

Mari