Fencing in Meridies

Galen of Bristol pmitchel at flash.net
Sat Nov 16 22:55:40 PST 1996

It's not relevant to this posting that I joined the SCA in Meridies;
back then, in A.S. XIV, it was a good place to be.

If I understand the traditional arguments against fencing, they boil
down to these:

1.  Fencing is unmanly, for wimps.

2.  Fencing should be banned because it is so dangerous.

TRM Meridies have added a new one:  Fencing isn't popular enough, as
only fifty people are authorized in six months.  If I'm the Baron of
a fifty-member barony, I'd tend to worry about the Crown willingness
to blow off the opinions and desires of fifty of their subjects, and
take unilateral actions without regard to their interests.

- Galen
--
Viscount Galen of Bristol, KSCA, CSM, etc. (now upgraded with ASTA!)
Paul Mitchell, pmitchel at flash.net / "noblesse oblige"