Why I Hate Fencing

harry billings psobaka at mail.myriad.net
Wed Nov 20 17:02:02 PST 1996

Corp. by laws states some thing to the effict that Raper fighting is not
within the time frame of the SCA and their for shall not be used to determin
a cornet list, or some thing like that.  I saw some thing about it on the
Ansteorra list during the Principality (sp) debate.
As for a peerage for Dons / Dona ( their is a ~ over the n but I don't know
how to make my machine do that) sound good to me. I feel that if one is
created then all Dons / Dona should be included or an entirely new title
should be given to those in the peerage.
Yes.
NO.

>Which makes me think: is there not people of the Rapier Fighting style out
>there that _have_ some great skill in their art (rapier fighting) and have
>made a sizable impact on the people around them?
>
>I favor "chivalric" fighting, but rapier fighting is prized by many of my
>friends. I understand that the only way to become King/Queen (get 'em
>Rowan) is to win at Crown Tourney, so that is obviously giving an
>indication of a mild bias on the Crowns' way of thought. But should we give
>serious consideration to the formation of a new peerage? Should the
>position of Don be elevated to being a peer? If so, should all Dons (and
>forgive me, but I know not the feminine (boy am I going to catch it for
>that one) form of Don), be elevated to peer status, or should they be
>re-avaluated(sp?) for the position of peer? If they are re-avaluated for
>peer status, should a new (and unused) title be coined? Should the Queen
>begin petitioning the peerage for the formation of this new status? Or
>should I shut up and run and hide the Highland way?
>
>Angus "The Curious" mac Taggart
>
>----------
>> From: Chris Walden <cmwalden at flash.net>
>>
>>  Sir Lyonel Oliver Grace wrote:
>>
>> > Let's
>> > try "the result that fencers with peerages FOR FENCING are about as
>> > common as three-headed sheep." Well, maybe TWO-headed sheep.
>>
>> There have not been peerages for fencing because the powers that be
>> have not seen fit to make one.  But then a peerage isn't really made
>> for one activity, is it?  It's based (theoretically) on the ability
>> in one's art, and the way in which they shape the people around them.
>>
>> Antoine

Plachoya Sobaka a most insignificant archer in Ravens Fort