SCA awards

I. Marc Carlson LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu
Tue Nov 26 16:04:39 PST 1996

<"Mark Harris" <mark_harris at quickmail.sps.mot.com>>
>>I have some pretty "carved in stone" opinions about what behaviors should
>>constitute the rank of "Lord".
>I, for one, would be quite interested in hearing your opinions on this
>subject.

To start with, someone who is "Noble" would have found a better way of
expressing his dissatisfaction :)

>And I still think you deserve this award and wish I could convince you
>of this, too. Is there an equivalent honor that you would have found
>acceptable instead?

Cash is always tasteful... :)

Sorry.  My intent at this point is try and find some way of expressing
low-end gentry (if my new Baron can be a Hersr, then by gum, I can
figure something out).  Since the *correct* term is barred from me
by SCA usage, I believe I will aim at a related term "Mister" (in use
as a title since 1330 and correct in this context by 1551).

Diarmuit