A&S Judging: Mead Criteria / Packaging?

Mike Baker mbaker at rapp.com
Tue Oct 22 09:21:00 PDT 1996

Is there anything approaching a set of standard judging criteria for mead
and other brewer's / vintner's products in SCA A&S competitions around
Ansteorra? I haven't seen anything approaching one, but I have yet to enter
(first batch of mead is happily bubbling now...)

The broader issue of standards for evaluating A&S entries may be something
that we as Ansteorrans would prefer *not* to accept, such as exemplified by
the judging criteria in effect for some neighboring kingdoms.  I don't
particularly want to re-open that particular container of annelidae (can of
worms), but would like some idea of whether I will be facing purely the
individual tastes of a specific competition's judging team or comparison to
some "ideal".

Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
     currently residing in Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mike C. Baker                      mbaker at rapp.com
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!