Recognizing Skill and Good Works

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Wed Oct 23 21:33:15 PDT 1996

maddie teller-kook  wrote in a message to All:

 mt> Do you want to bring
 mt> religious persecution into the society as well?  They did that
 mt> during the middle ages as well and we have managed to survive
 mt> without it.

When did I say such a thing?  Or even imply it?

As you noted (in part of your post that I clipped), people can go play
elsewhere.  Insulting them will certainly drive them to do so.

 mt> Yes, I can agree sometimes it has the perception that awards are
 mt> given out like water.  If our population has increased....wouldn't
 mt> you expect the number of awards handed out would increase as well.
 mt> Using your own math 10% of 500 people= 50 awards.  10% of 5000
 mt> people= 500 awards.  So, without increasing the percentage the raw
 mt> number does go way up.

Which is why I converted it to a percentage instead of a raw number.  If I had
good population figures, I'd draw you a chart of awards as a percentage of
population over the life of the kingdom.  I am fairly certain it would have a
positive slope.

Aodhan