Constantly Cranky Postings

Gunnora Hallakarva gunnora at bga.com
Thu Oct 24 18:27:47 PDT 1996

Well, Damaris just stalked in tearing her hair and announced that she was so
disgusted with the nasty and contentious tone of many of the postings on
this list that she had set up a kill file to nuke any posts originating from
certain persons who will remain nameless.

This leads me to conclude that if my way-too-reasonable spouse is fed up and
has quit listening, many others have as well.

So, in this instance, cantankerous posts that are just short (or not) of
being flames do not win friends or influence people.  They just piss people
off, which causes them to (1) not read the post in the first place or (2)
react immediately with a knee jerk rather than with thought and reason.

I think that nastiness and rudeness have their place, just as do habanero
peppers.  Used on rare occasion, and sparingly, they can completely get
attention and hold it. Used constantly, they become a negative stimulus,
which any self-preserving organism will avoid.

Just some thoughts.

Wassail,

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva