Lyonesse was Re: principalities...border

dennis grace amazing at mail.utexas.edu
Sun Oct 6 20:18:47 PDT 1996

>According to most of the (admittedly limited) research that I've done,
>you are mostly correct - there would usually be several "winners" or
>"champions" for a given tournament.  Thus, by insisting on a single
>winner, aren't we imposing a 20th century "ideal" in a (theoretically)
>medieval re-creation?  Wouldn't having multiple winners give a better
>feeling for what a medieval tournament was like?
>
>Mikjal Annarbjorn
>--

So who gets to wear the crown on alternate Thursdays? :)

Aquilanne
Dennis G. Grace
Assistant Instructor
Postmodern Medievalist
Division of Rhetoric and Composition
University of Texas

Baro, metetz en guatge                    |  Lords, pawn your castles,
Chastels e vilas e ciutatz                |  your towns and cities.
Enanz qu'usquecs no'us guerreiatz         |  Before you're beat to the draw,
                                                    draw your swords.

                   -- Bertran de Born (a really fun Viscount)