Tourneys was Re: FW: Lyone was Re: princi

Matthew R. Popalisky mpopali at comp.uark.edu
Tue Oct 8 15:34:50 PDT 1996

On Tue, 8 Oct 1996, Koch, KA Kimberly 4384 wrote:

> I figured I'd better correct my math before someone else does.  The below
> only applies if order matters, i.e. if A fighting B is unique from B
> fighting A.  Which it's not.  If everybody fights everybody else once,
> that's only 136 fights.  How many more fights you have after that all
> depends on who wins the most fights and how you run the finals.  A Swiss 17
> is probably almost do-able.  I think.

Well, that would be at least two listpeople, ideally more, and at leat two
fields, three/four would work better, maybe five.  Ok, final proposal
would really need to be five fields, 6, ideally 10 listfolk, several TONS
of waterbearers, and someone to organise a&s for us non-fighting types,
merchants, and at least one inn.  Oh yeah, and a runner for the lists so
the poor things don't starve.

Maybe even pre-enrollment?

Each fighter would receive a number, so the numbers could be sorted out
ahead of time....

Stop me before someone recruits me to help run the turkey!

Kateryn who should just keep her mouth shut!