Ugly Daughter of Rude Slayings

Scott White swhite at onr.com
Thu Oct 10 14:44:52 PDT 1996

As a relative newbie, I've only been in a handful of battles but plan on
fighting in many more. Please forgive me if my 'green' status prevents me
from seeing the whole picture, but I support killing from behind in war
using a consistent system (light tap to the back of the head + vocal
notification; or weapon across faceplate + vocal, I don't really have an
opinion as to which as long as it's consistent).

Please forgive me if my 'green' status prevents me from seeing the whole
picture, but it seems to me that there really shouldn't be a safety issue in
KFB, if the fighters are trained well & able to stay emotionally cool in a
battle situation. (If they're not, why should they be authorized to be on
the field in the first place?) To me, calling KFB unchivalrous sounds like a
whine from about pouty warriors who don't want to give in when they've lost
the game of field positioning.

I guess my main point is that a unit that lets the enemy outflank or get
behind them should be prepared to pay the cost. The mental strategies,
repositioning, etc. is part of the reason I've enjoyed melees as much as I
have, EVEN WHEN MY UNIT WAS CRUSHED by enemies we didn't see slip into the
backfield.

I don't see anything wrong with conceding to your enemy when he has he won
the battle of wits and managed to outmaneuver you. I'd gladly fall dead and
rack it up as another hard-learned lesson. And I'd still be having fun!

Gnith
<swhite at onr.com>