Rude Slayings

Michael Gunter michael_gunter1 at msmail.fnts.com
Fri Oct 11 09:24:13 PDT 1996

Dear Kateryn,

Please forgive me if my posting on "Dominoeing" a shield wall was incomplete.
 You probably got the impression of me running full speed into someone's side
and crashing them into everybody else.  This is not quite the case.  To
"Domino" the wall, go to the far side (right or left doesn't matter) and give
a solid full-body push into the defender, then once there is some momentum,
keep pushing  until they start piling up on each other.  This usually
inspires your own shield wall to charge into the now disorganized group of
people.  Safe?  If done properly, yes.  In the years I have used this
technique I cannot think of anyone injured because of it.  Effective?
Frequently, although I've been creamed for my efforts as well (hey, this is
all a big chess game anyway).  Sporting?  Well now when you play behind the
lines you take what you can get.  I always try to be chivalrous but if we
were all sporting then melees would simply be everyone lining up on the field
and engaging in single combat.  Besides, I've never had the reputation of
being nice!  hee!

Yers,

Gunthar