Taking Insult for Others

Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov Terry_A._Harper at hud.gov
Fri Oct 11 13:43:52 PDT 1996

Heilsa, All...

Just a quick comment on the posts about and sparked by the "Once and Future
King" comment.

Duke Inman is certainly deserviong of respect, just for the enormous amount
of work he's done for the kingdom over the years if nothing else.  However,
being a Duke, I believe that the man can certainly defend himself, and take
offense on his own account.  If *he* doesn't like a comment, it's up to
*him* to bitch about it.  It is unreasonable and unnecessary for others to
worry about whether someone is being rude to or about him.

I suspect that Inman has better things to do than worry about criticism, or
who does or does not like him, or whether some comment on the Net might
possibly be slighting.  No matter *who* you are, there will always be
*someone* in the kingdom who doesn't like you or your actions... we all
learn to live with that, it's the price we have to pay for diversity and
strong individuals with strong opinions.  If each of us jumped at every
crack, slight, or insult, we wouldnt even *be* a kingdom... we'd be a bunch
of squabbling idiots devolved into individual cliques that never achieved
anything.  Which we are emphatically *not* as we routinely pull together on
projects, wars, events... all for the greater good.

Wassail,

::GUNNORA::

Gunnora Hallakarva
Herskerinde
Ek eigi visa (th)ik hversu o(dh)lask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna
heldr hversu na Hersis-A(dh)al

Well said Gunnora!  I love it when you're on a roll!!!!

          Rhiain