Plastic Gauntlets

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Tue Oct 15 23:26:44 PDT 1996

Heilsa Lloyd!

Kief here...

Lloyd typed...

><< OH YE OF LITTLE FAITH!!!   those of us that learned with welders gloves
> and crossguards (no basket hilts) know the true meaning of PAIN.   I have
> many broken fingers.  Big deal!    It hurt less than the Rodeo bulls I
> was riding previously.
>    Sir Robert >>
>
>What I would like to know is why are hand shots still illegal with all the
>hand armor now reguired. And do not tell me for safetys sake as I was also
>fighting as above and tried to keep my hands from being hit instead of
>sticking them out to be hit and then complain.
>
>Lloyd

Shucks, folks still get their hands broken on a fairly regular basis. Even with
the new hand armor standards. I do my damnedest to keep my hands from being hit
and would like to see the "hand shot" to remain illegal... Even steel gauntlets
fail and when they do it is usually bad. Just my two cents worth!

Good to see you here.

Wassail kinsman.

Sir Kief

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."