Greatkilt query

Scott White swhite at onr.com
Fri Oct 18 08:37:25 PDT 1996

OK, so I've started wearing my first greatkilt to ren faires & such ... I'm
doing OK with the actual pleating & wearing part. However, I've got one
question:

Should I hem the edge of the cloth so I don't get little wooly threads
hanging everywhere?

I'm going for kind of a ragged & ruffled look rather than the really pressed
& pleated look. I still think that I could look nice & rumply with a hemmed
edge -- but it seems like 'senior' kilt wearers tend to harass newbies for
every little flaw in their garb, so I don't want to hem the edge if it's not
common practice.

Whaddya think?

Thanks,

Gnith