Ansteopality Revisited

Heidi J Torres hjt at tenet.edu
Sun Oct 20 22:18:47 PDT 1996

On Sun, 20 Oct 1996, maddie teller-kook wrote:

> Gunnora Hallakarva wrote:
> >
> > Heilsa, All.
> <big snip>
> >         Sir Lyonel suggested Steorrheort (Star-Heart) as a possible name.
>
> As much as this name fits the location....it looks and sounds similar to
> a nasty medical conditoin (sorry Lyonel...its my medical background that
> is twitching--grin).  the condition i am referring to is steatorrhea.

That's pretty sick.  Not surprisingly, I kinda like it.  What are the
symptoms?  It might be more appropriate than any of us realize?

> > Mari, Chieftess in Bjornsborg, suggested to me today that a great name would
> > be Caer Leon:  the central area is the heart of the kingdom, and the Lions
> > are the heart of Ansteorra, making the name very appropriate.
>
> Hmmmm....event tho I am still undecided about this move towards
> principality status...i do like the name.  Would Master Leon think we
> were naming the region after him???? (grin)

Yeah, i can see the war arising from that one.  It just begs for some
pagentry.  Maybe he'd have to ceremonially sign his rights away at every
coronation.  sounds fun.  Fun is a good thing.

> <another big snip>
>

>  (Rather like
> > the game some of us play where we cast real-world actors in "Bjornsborg: the
> > Movie", the idea is fun, and so is bouncing the ideas around, even if it
> > never happens.)
> >

> Bjornsborg: The Movie?!?  	will this be the NC-17 version or just a
> lowly PG-13?  And WHO gets to play Mari, Ragnar, Moonbear and of course
> Gunnora??????

If Gunnora keeps revealing these intimate baronial secrets, she's going to
be cast as the Tasmanian She-Devil from Warner Bros!  Bad Gunnora!

Sincerely,

Mari