regions

Burke McCrory burkemc at ionet.net
Mon Oct 21 20:39:15 PDT 1996

At 07:51 PM 10/21/96 +0000, you wrote:
>> Just a question....Why hasn't anyone designed, submitted, researched
>> (whatever you want to call it) name and device for the regions we currently
>> have?  Or has it been done?
>>
>> Lady Catrin Mac Cracken
>>
>Lady Catrin,
>
>A region does not have a separate "heraldic status."  You do not
>officially pass names and armory for regions. The names are the
>perogative of the Kingdom and do not have to go thru the College of
>Heralds.  The regional heralds names on the other hand are recognized
>by the COH and have been submitted and except in the case of the
>Twilight Herald have been passed.
>
>Steffan of the Tall Pines

A region that has a device and name registered with the COH is called a
crown principality.  It is not an officially recognized Principality as
defined in Corpora.  It can be done totally at the discretion of the
Kingdom.  However, this may change as the BOD is considering including this
as an officially recognized branch.  If any region of Ansteorra is
interested in registering a name and device it should take it up with the
Crown and Kingdom Seneschal.

In Service to the Dream

Sir Burke Kyriell MacDonald

mka. Burke McCrory