Runestone

E.Preston III & Shelly K Walker wf3 at icok.net
Tue Oct 22 14:01:46 PDT 1996

Sir Kief wrote:
>I would love to see the Heavener Runestone. I wonder if the owners
>would allow a group of Medieval scholars onto the property to make
>rubbings, photos, measurements, etc.

The runestone is at Heavener State Park. Located between McAlester and
Poteau, OK. Gnomon Vale makes at least one pilgrimage a year, and we
visit with Smythkepe of Meridies. <the park is half way between Ft.Smith
and McAlester. The stone itself is large. It is enclosed in a "house"
and we cannot touch the stone. Picture taking requires one to take many
small pictures and put them together. However, one could always ask the
Park Rangers for special compensation!
Would anyone like to be alerted the next time we Gnomes travel there?
Britta the Red