What!? Summer Reruns Already??

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Tue Oct 22 07:19:05 PDT 1996

Dia duit!

dennis grace (or perhaps his s.o., the .sig was a bit confusing)
wrote in a message to All:

 dg> Talk about bad taste.  A few folk bandying about a name like "Hell"
 dg> for a part of the country drenched in heat three-quarters of the
 dg> year is an apt thread of humor, SCA or mundane, and certainly not
 dg> insulting to anyone's person, either specifically or in general.

 dg> If you style yourself a herald, a bandier-about of words, you set
 dg> yourself up as an authority on words and word-usage, and, in the
 dg> best SCA tradition (as it should be everywhere), rights of
 dg> authority necessitate and demand responsibility.  Do you have any
 dg> idea how insulting the last part of your post sounds?  Maybe you
 dg> meant no insult, maybe the heraldic jargon grew a life of its own,
 dg> but I would suggest a bit more thought before throwing words
 dg> through the ether that have great potential for harm.

Didn't we just have a thread about taking offense for others?

I can assure you Daniel meant no offense to anyone, but was, in fact, poking
fun at himself, since he is (as one turn of phrase would have it) "as queer as
a three dollar bill."

I almost fell out of my chair, laughing at *him* making *that* joke.

Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich, ML
Dobharchu Herald