Celtic Horned God

Vicki Marsh zarazena at io.com
Wed Oct 23 19:35:08 PDT 1996

Greetings Diarmuit

You touched on a point that I have always wondered at -  the wearing of
pentagrams.  Would someone of a specific time period have worn them?

Now, if someone wears a pentagram due to personal religious choice, that's
their business. However, I have had some negative reactions to my choice in
wearing a pectoral cross.  Interesting double standard..

>It's been here for some time, since the first time someone decided "well,
>we can't do THAT because we might offend someone/interfere with their fun".
>Take in evidence the number of people who have publically chimed in on the
>"Heraldry" subject heading to ZaraZena's "They really ought to be nicer"
>message, as opposed to the ONE response I've gotten for my "Tough, Live
>with it" message (and mine appears to have been negative) :)

Believe it or not, that was me going on a polite rant about some things that
were said in a recent Gazette about some submissions from one of my local
heralds (it almost caused her to quit the office).  That particular problem
has now been resolved, Thank You.

 I *have* been in on some heraldic consultations, and in the living rooms
where we met, some pretty subjective things were said.  It wasn't published
for all the world to see.

There are positive results from having to research out your name.  I have
learned quite a lot about Byzantine naming practices, something I wouldn't
have done if I hadn't been *forced* to.  (Force - meaning positively
influenced). Actually reading the Septuagint and learning a bit about
translating Greek to English was not on my list of fun things to do on a
Saturday night.

BTW, one of the things I have learned about net etiquette, is when the group
agrees with you - for the most part - no one responds to your post. Either
that or they think you are a nut case and obviously don't require a response.

You are not a nut. A little strange, but then....I don't have much room to talk.

Zara Zina (Yes, the spelling has again been changed to appease the great
Herald in the Sky. I re-submitting my name this week after I get all the
gajillion copies made)