Learning Latin

Ashley Gilliam gilliam at infinity.ccsi.com
Wed Oct 23 21:35:41 PDT 1996

On Wed, 23 Oct 1996, Deborah Sweet wrote:

> ::GUNNORA:: wrote:
>
> >Sentence diagramming held on until the late 1950's or maybe even the
> >60's in some places.
>
> Well, *I* first did sentence diagramming in 1972. Of course, this was
> out in western Oklahoma. That teacher was very good and, I think, we
> spent a 9-week session on this. The next year my family moved and I
> discovered that at this school they were only now starting to do
> diagramming. For the next two years the teachers kind-of touched upon
> sentence diagramming. I learned more about sentence diagramming that
> first year than the next three combined.

I had to do diagramming in Freshman English (in 1989)...my teacher
usually taught Senior level english classes, but got the freshman
english--and had us do diagramming, spelling tests, etc....(the worst
semester of english I've ever had).

Yours, In Service to the Dream,
Ellsbeth Lachlanina MacLabhruinn
mka Vycke' (Victoria) Gilliam
Future Knight & Laurel...Now I need armor, training, a topic....
Any errors in spelling, tact, or fact are transmission errors.