Recognizing Skill and Good Works

Aodhan Ite an Fhithich aodhan at dobharchu.org
Wed Oct 23 18:51:39 PDT 1996

Dia duit!

harry billings (or someone using that account) wrote in a message to All:

 hb> The words "thank-you" are used sparsly even in our beloved game.

My point precisely.  We seem to think we must give out merit badges when thank
yous would do job quite well.

 hb> If you eliminate the "non-period" and "non-apropriate" awards we
 hb> will be left with people being rewarded only for pounding other
 hb> people into the ground like so many tent pegs.  Most of the rest of
 hb> us will not be remembered.

Only we we do not substitute something in their place - like "thank you" and
"well done."

 hb> Public accaim is limited at best.

Which is what I'm advocating should change.

Baron Aodhan Ite an Fhithich, ML
Dobharchu Herald