A & S standards

Scot Eddy seddy at vvm.com
Thu Oct 24 05:00:19 PDT 1996

Gunnora Hallakarva wrote:

> Heilsa, Jovian!
>
>         I, for one, took a lot of time and actually have *read* some of your
> excellent documentation, which explained the art in enough detail for me to
> understand the time, authenticity and care you put into the art.
>
>         Documentation can go a long way to explaining a lot of things, so
> it's sad that some folks never seem to read it.  I know that my
> documentation tends to the way too long... actually, I tend to write
> research papers instead of documentation.  But I've watched my displays over
> the years and have only seen maybe 10% of the folks judging the displays
> actually take the time to read the documentation, or even glacne through it.
>
>         This makes the body of work displays where the artist is present a
> bonus, because you as the artist have a chance to verbally explain the ins
> and outs of your arts form.
>
> Wassail,
>
> ::GUNNORA::
>
> Gunnora Hallakarva
> Herskerinde
> Ek eigi visa (th)ik hversu o(dh)lask Lofstirrlauf-Kruna
> heldr hversu na Hersis-A(dh)al

Thank you for your kind reply Mistress Gunnora. Here is a question I
have had and I still get from some of my shire (Tempio) friends. What
is documentation? Why is it needed?/What purpose does it serve? What
should be included in it? How long should it be? Should it be changed?
If so, how? When?

There always seems to be so much that I _need_ to put into my
documentation, but I have heard that too much is too much.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

grace and Peace,

Jovian Skleros