[Fwd: Slimeball Alert]

I. Marc Carlson LIB_IMC at centum.utulsa.edu
Fri Oct 25 22:53:14 PDT 1996

<gunnora at mailserv.bga.com>
>...Unfortunately, unless messages like the "Slimeball" post that started this
>thread are posted (hopefully edited with a bit of restraint), others in our
>organization elsewhere will suffer for our silence.

Besides, these sorts of messages encourage a proper form of recreation
of the Medieval Mindset (along with the Classical Mode of accepting the
word of "experts" with no further thought).  In this case, I refer to the
old Roman Legal precepts of "Presumed Guilty until proven Innocent" and
"Not needing to face your accusers".

Diarmuit