Recognizing Skill and Good Works

Mike Baker mbaker at rapp.com
Thu Oct 31 14:12:00 PST 1996

> Baronial service awards carry an AOA?  I didn't know that.  I thought they
> were non-armidgiuos (sp).  It is great to learn new things!!!

Lady Catrin, please note that most Ansteorran baronies have both armigerous
and non-armigerous awards.

For example, Steppes has the Order of the Oak of the Steppes [name
approximate only, and believe me when I say it is embellished upon in
description during an elevation to the ranks] as its official, armigerous,
noted in formal precedence service order. We also have the Acorn as a
_non-_armigerous, only noted & notable within the Steppes, award.  Those who
hold the Oak of the Steppes typically have many years of continuing service
to the Barony (and usually to the Kingdom as well: I can't honestly think of
an active participant with an Oak ). Those receiving the Acorn have lesser
time in service, but have shown the willingness to grow into something more.

Hope this expansion of the thought helps!

Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra
     currently residing in Barony of the Steppes, Kingdom of Ansteorra
Mike C. Baker                      mbaker at rapp.com
Any opinions expressed are obviously my own unless explicitly stated
otherwise!