[SCA-CHR] ASCAP Backs Down! (fwd)

Laura McKinstry dalm at why.net
Sun Sep 1 14:57:33 PDT 1996

Pug wrote:

> ASCAP was aiming at "private, profitable camps that put on large productions,"
> sometimes with professional performers.  They said that some camps "are really
> like sending your kids to a resort," and those should pay royalties.
>
> My guess is that the SCA campfires are safe too, except for errant marshmallows
> and similar editorializations.

Ah yes, but what if I get paid a significant amount of mead for my
singing efforts?  Do I need fear:

a) getting charged, as I have just made a profit, and will ASCAP be
taking some of my hard-earned mead, or

b) falling into the campfire, as I have just IMBIBED a significant
portion of mead due to a dry throat from singing?

And did the ancient harpers ever have such concerns to keep them awake
at night... no, this is all, definitely NOT period, therefor I
protest.   :)

Laura McKinstry	  aka	Lark of Cire Freunlaven
Dallas, TX		harper
           dalm at why.net
"Go placidly amidst the noise and haste
  and remember what peace there may be