Principalities

Martha Lee Nichols mnichols at tenet.edu
Tue Sep 17 20:27:36 PDT 1996

Well here is my 2 cents.
If we form 3 principalities who says any of the 3 have to become a
kingdom at any time in the future.  It is my understanding that forming
the principalities is a way to keep the kingdom from HAVING to be split
up because area and\or population.  Now from a view piont of someone
living on the western border of our kingdom.  I have spent time not
seeing the Crown at our events in the western region for years at a
time.  I guess I can say I know how it feels to Have decisions made by
the Crown In that other region.  Guess what I am still an Ansteorran and
always will be whether in the western region or the central
principality.(what ever it might be called)

In all of this discussion some said the King will make only major
events.  Well I bet the Crown has to do that now because most of the time
we have 2, 3,or 4 events on the kingdom calendar ever weekend except
Crown Tourney,Thanksgiving, Etc.  His Grace Inman Gave me the job of
representing him in the western region during his 5th reign.  The Crown
has always had a hard time reaching the western region so I got to be his
rep.  I think it would be alot easier for the King,Landed Nobility, And
Prince (if we get them) as far as awards, courts, and the day to day
running of the regions.  My short stint as the Crowns rep taught me it is
more work than imaginable and all I had to deal with was 6 groups and a
whole lot less area than the Crown.

How would a shire(etc.) feel if the Crown ( king or prince ) attended
their event every year instead of an event every 2 or more years.  We are
know forty something groups how can the King make each group once a year
the way things are now.  We could hold Crown Tourney The week after
coronation, so to give us two sets ofg reigning royality to travel.  But
then who could afford the time or anything else to reign for a full 12
months.  So as you all have figured out a long time ago my vote is yes.

	Master Cadwallader