principalities....a few new thoughts

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Wed Sep 18 02:28:37 PDT 1996

Hale fellow followers of the Sable Star!

I've written about the increased number of events the Crown would have to
attend, also about a solution to the travel problem by implementing a Rotating
Group Schedule, and about Loyality to the Kingdom remaining intact rather than
splitting one's loyality between principality and Ansteorra.

Here's a new thought.

Look at the other Kingdoms that have Principalities. There is a _separate_
geographical location for each of those Kingdoms. The proposal here is to
have 3 principalities with the Kingdom "overlaid" on top of them. I do not
believe that this is possible under current Corpora/By-laws. The problem, as I
see it, is that there is no place left for the Kingdom to exist in. Each
Kingdom must have a certain number of members to exist. If the area now
occupied by Ansteorra is split into three principalities with no physical
area to be defined as "Kingdom" then Ansteorra has ceased to exist. (The same
is true of Baronies and Cantons...) There is no current structure to discern
between "Kingdom members" and "principality members" if the two "spaces"
occupy the same location and zip codes. 'Tis a paradox methinks...

Food for thought...

ONE STAR...ONE KINGDOM!

Sir Kief av Kiersted...

"Better the Hammer than the nail..."