Crown Travel (WAS: Principalities)

Hugh Niewoehner hughn at ssd.fsi.com
Wed Sep 18 08:43:48 PDT 1996

Angus,

>With the principality in
>place, would not the Coronet alleviate some of the stress as far as the
>smaller events go? Could not the Coronet visit Shire of Bubba and Canton of
>Clyde giving a cense of ownership to the people of the shire and canton?

The answer to that is...It depends.

With some who cannot afford the travel or do not care to make the effort it
may indeed releive them.

OTOH the Crown may feel a different responsibility to their subjects and
undertake the effort anyway.  Let me give you a specific example.

HM Talymar of the middle believed in a period practice called "The Kings
Progress" or just "Progress".   He made sure that during his six month reign
he attended an event or populace meeting for _every_ group in the realm.
When Calontir became a principatity he said it became even more important to
make sure he made it to all the Calon locations.   IIRC he completed his
progress each time he reigned.  Quite an undertaking but it made everyone in
each place feel special.

>Just a thought.
Good, keep at it.  If you keep asking, we all keep learning.

Tschuess,
        Damon