principalities...Hi Angus!

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Wed Sep 18 10:35:27 PDT 1996

Greetings from Hammer Hall...Kief here.

<snip>

Kief said...

>>Within each 18 month period there are 3 Crowns, also 3 Crown Heirs...
>>This is
>> equal to 12 (twelve) people. Set up a Rotating Group Schedule that let's
>>the
>> responsibility of visiting every group in the Kingdom fall equally amoung
>>each
>> set of Crowns and Their Heirs. There are currently 42 groups in the
>>Kingdom
>> (listed in the _Black Star_). There are 78 weekends in each 18 month
>>period.
>> Let's call it 74 weekends editing major holidays out. Each 6 month period
>>the
>> Reigning Crown and Their Heirs would only have to visit 14 groups between
>>them.
>> (There are 'bout 24 weekends <excluding major holidays> in each 6 month
>>period)
>> Let each Crown and Their Heirs have a wide spread group list to visit
>>during
>> Their Reign. This list rotates through the entire Kingdom in 18 months.
>>_Many_
>> of these groups would be visited more than 3 times each in 18 months.
>>_ALL OF
>> THEM_ would be visited at least once. The obligation to travel
>>_everywhere_
>> would be removed from each Crown and many weekends would be freed for
>>Their
>> mundane interests and travel to Their favorite groups.

Angus said...

>I see the logic behind this. But if this is a workable solution then why
>has it not been brought up before? With all of the major events attended,
>even with the help of the Heirs (which, as you well know, are not active
>year round), will there be enough Crowns/Heirs to go around and attend all
>of the branches in 18 months. It would definitely be cool if it would
> This is the process...(And I will _not_ flame you...*smile*) If a faction
of
> the populace has a gripe...then air it..speak your minds folks. Let's not
> destroy all that has been built. This is ONE KINGDOM. Sure we have
regional
> differences, but we are all still Ansteorrans. Not members of
principality X,
> or principality Y, or principality Z... Ansteorrans.

I wish it were that simple. If it were, I expect world peace and a world
government would rule the day in the mundane world. But, coming from a
pessimistic stance, I expect that principalities will be in our,
Ansteorra's, future. Possibly future kingdoms from those principalities. I
wish that the ONE STAR could remain ONE KINGDOM. As I signed off last time,
I am ANSTEORRAN, even though I originally joined the Game in CAID.

> The Kingdom will not split if we all take part in making Ansteorra
strong.

Hopefully, you are correct. You do have my support in any attempt to make
the Kingdom of Ansteorra stronger and more unified.

> Sir Kief av Kiersted...
>
> "Better the Hammer than the nail..."

Lord Angus mac Taggart
Peregre abeo, circiter stato